Posted onMarch 14, 2020 by Aradia Fitness Triangle
To our valued clients, community members, and friends:
If you have been following our Facebook forum or social media posts, you have likely seen that we have been trying to be as proactive as possible during the COVID-19 global impact. We wanted to formally connect with all of you for just a moment. We are continuing to monitor government & health organization news updates as they come in. We are navigating an uncertain time and for the foreseeable future, much of our studio operations will be on a hour-by-hour basis. This is new territory for all of us and we are grateful for your continued patience as we move forward. The safety of you, our clients, and of our staff is paramount in our minds at this time.
As of the sending of this newsletter, Aradia Fitness Triangle will continuing operating classes and make adjustments as necessary.
ALL CLASSES FROM MARCH 15 2020 – MARCH 21 2020 have been modified or updated to a restricted class schedule. The modified schedule has been updated online – please visit the ScheduleHouse app after reading the remainder of this newsletter to sign up for any classes you wish to attend this week. Our goal is to find a balance between keeping the safety of both you & our staff in mind… and allowing us to still retain a small piece of normal in this uncertain period.
WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING ON OUR END:
- Enhanced disinfection & cleaning procedures have been in effect since the beginning of the month, after the first confirmed COVID-19 case was announced in Wake County. You may have noticed that our staff has been extra vigilant in a number of ways as you have visited the studio. Commonly touched surfaces (doorknobs, reception area furniture, bathroom utilities, etc) have been disinfected every hour between classes during operational hours. All poles, aerial equipment, and fitness equipment have been disinfected after each class or between shared use.
- Class sizes will be limited to half the number of usual registration spots. This will allow you to retain your own personal space and reduce cross-contamination caused by shared equipment usage. It is imperative to pre-register for classes this week – we will not be allowing any extra persons into class if it is full.
- Yoga mats are still available for your use during class. Our standard yoga mat cleaner can be used in conjunction with Clorox/Lysol wipes, which are available in each studio room for your use during your visit. If you have your own yoga mat, we would encourage you to bring it with you to class. We will be thoroughly disinfecting yoga mats at the end of each operating day when classes end.
- All aerial acrobatic and aerial yoga classes are being canceled. Aerial equipment is difficult to disinfect, in particular aerial silks and slings. We will NOT be using Studio B or Studio Y (in Cary) for group classes during this time, since those are small spaces which do not allow for clients to have extra personal space.
- All scheduled fitness classes will focus primarily on body-weight training. Yoga blocks, yoga straps, weighted bars, kettlebells, etc will not be available for personal or class use. Our staff has also been instructed to avoid any partner or group exercises for the foreseeable future.
WHAT YOU CAN DO ON YOUR END:
Please closely follow guidelines provided by government & health organizations as they are released. Below are some highlights for you to keep in mind and we encourage you to refer to the Center for Disease Control’s website for full details (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html)
- If you are feeling ill, please do not come to the studio and email management as soon as possible to communicate your need to cancel class.
- If you have been exposed to someone who possibly has COVID-19 or has a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not come to the studio. Please email management as soon as possible to communicate your need to cancel class.
- If you have traveled out of the state or out of the country recently, please do not come to class. Recommended guidelines presently advise for a 14-day incubation period to ensure COVID-19 symptoms do not present themselves.
- If coming to the studio, please wash your hands before & after each class. Avoid touching your face, mouth, or eyes while working out and wash your hands immediately if you accidentally do so.
- If you have to sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth with a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Immediately wash your hands and discard of used tissues properly right away.
- Be an active participant in cleaning & disinfecting the space you use. CDC guidelines also encourage persons to maintain their personal space as much as possible in group settings.
WHAT OTHER OPTIONS YOU HAVE:
- We will be waiving late cancel fees this week IF you notify management by phone or email NO LATER than 2 hours before class time. We ask that you be respectful of your fellow classmates in light of the limited registration spaces available this week and communicate with us as soon as possible so that a class space may be given to someone else.
- If you wish to pause your membership, please email management at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will allow for no-penalty suspensions for up to two (2) weeks at this time. This time frame can change if the COVID-19 situation develops further.
- If you wish to extend the length of your drop-in class packs, please email us NO LATER than two (2) weeks after classes resume as normal. We ask that you do not email us right now as we are currently navigating more emails than usual, even if your class credits are set to expire soon.
- If you have a question that does not need an immediate response, please email us and allow for 3-4 business days for a reply back. If you have a pressing question that cannot wait, please call our studio lines and leave a voicemail message with your name, phone number, email address, and BRIEF reason for calling.
- We are working diligently to launch our all-new Aradia Fitness Online subscription service as soon as possible. This will be a constantly updated video library of group fitness and choreography classes that can be accessed for those who cannot visit the studio. We will present more details on how to access this service at a later time.
- For now, private lessons are still available for those who prefer one-on-one instruction. Aerial acrobatics private lessons will be available – if silks or slings are used, they will be laundered before anyone else uses them. Please email management at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you wish to schedule a private lesson. Rates & availability will vary by instructor. Lessons will be limited to no more than two (2) persons at a time.
All of this can change by the morning, but we are doing the best we can to stay as proactive as possible. We have a plan B and a Plan C in the wings, if things progress worse in the coming days. We will also assess the rest of the month’s schedule by mid-week at the latest.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly by email and we ask for your patience for a response. We are already getting swamped with client questions and will do our best to respond as quickly as we can.
Thank you for your continued support of Aradia Fitness Triangle during these uncertain times. Please know that we share in the same emotions you are feeling and we take strength from the power of the wonderful community we have all created & are all a part of.
Stay magical, stay awesome, and stay safe. Mad love to all of you!
Dakota Fox & Janine Cooper